Benalla Bandits out of the A Grade competition
28th April, 2021
NEBA hosted their monthly committee meeting last night as they discussed a range of topics. The main topic was how to ensure the saftey and continuation of the Benalla Baseball Club.
Following on from 27 April meeting please note / action the following:
- NEBA approved Benalla's team being transferred to the B grade competition, restructuring the competition to 4 teams in A grade, 6 in B grade. The revised draw is now available - this also includes the draw for the U15s / U11s.
- The game commencement times have been revised to the following:
- U11s - start at 8:45am, play for 60 minutes
- U15s - start at 10am, play for 90 minutes
- B grade - start at 11:45am, play for 2 hours
- A grade - start at 2:15pm, play for 2 hours, 15 minutes
- The 10 minute rule will now be applied to all senior games, not just A grade.
- The Bears v Bandits game from Round 1 will become null and void. Bears, Panthers and Bandits to play make up round due to Draw changes.
- The U11s will commence as Coach Pitch, with tee being brought in after 3 strikes / 4 balls.
- Junior balls will be ordered from Ausport and available this weekend.
- Pending minor changes based on this evening's discussions the NEBA Handbook was approved. The revised version will be provided shortly.
- Not discussed but in place: The first 3 games for U11s are confirmed and will go ahead as listed, from Rd 5 onwards we will review the draw to see if its possible to maximise playing time for this cohort as aligning with seniors does become difficult based on the B grade schedule.
- Advise NEBA Sec the number of participants from your club for the Umpires Clinic. Also advise any dietary requirements.
- Invite Expressions of Interest to be submitted to NEBA Sec for Representative Coaches and Players for U14s and Senior Winter Championships.
- Seek expressions of interest from clubs in relation to formal presentation at the end of the season, with each club committing to 20 representatives per club to ensure the function can go ahead.